At Travers Orthodontics, we understand the severity of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we are deeply concerned about the health and wellbeing of our patients and community. As orthodontic healthcare professionals, it is our job and responsibility to protect patients and staff by continuing to work safely and diligently. We have always followed strict sanitation and disinfection guidelines in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our Irving orthodontic team is working exceedingly hard to slow and stop the spread of coronavirus, while also treating our patients in the safest manner possible.
Orthodontic healthcare professionals are experts in orthodontia as well as disease prevention and sanitation. Not only are we passionate about keeping a clean, germ-free environment, we are also legally obligated to do so. At Travers Orthodontics, our Irving orthodontist and staff have been trained to provide high quality care in an office that is safe and disinfected. To combat any type of infectious disease, including coronavirus, we take the following precautions every day:
- Surgical Masks, Protective Eyewear, & Gloves: all of our team members wear masks, eyewear, and gloves to protect themselves and our patients from any type of fluid or germ exchange.
- New Masks with Every Patient: we keep our patients safe by changing our masks between every patient and sometimes during a patient’s orthodontic appointment if the mask becomes wet.
- Mask for Patients: if necessary, we can provide masks for our patients while they undergo their orthodontic treatment.
- Staying at Home When lll: our staff stays at home if they are ever feeling even slightly ill and we ask that our patients do the same.
- Adequate Handwashing: all of our staff wash their hands with antimicrobial soap and/or an alcohol-based hand gel. We ask all of our patients to do the same while in our Irving orthodontics office. Soap and/or alcohol gel is provided to all patients.
- Routine Cleaning & Disinfection: at Travers Orthodontics, we disinfect everything between patient appointments, including all surfaces, the orthodontic chair, and we ensure new orthodontic instruments are used.
During COVID-19 & After COVID-19
As our country and community combats coronavirus, Travers Orthodontics will continue to strictly follow the CDC guidelines. Eventually, the coronavirus incidence rate will decrease and the CDC will most likely state new guidelines for healthcare providers, sanitation, and social distancing. With each change, you can feel confident knowing that we will always work to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy at all times. Any guideline changes will be in the best interest of our orthodontic patients and their safe treatments.
Contact Travers Orthodontics Today!
If you have any questions or concerns about orthodontic care during this time, please do not hesitate to contact our team in Irving. Request an appointment online or call our Irving orthodontic office directly at 972-910-8202. We hope to hear from you soon!